Teleaus is a leading information and communications engineering solutions and services provider specializing in IT services, telecommunications consulting and business solutions that deliver real results to businesses. Continuously contributing to the global technology enterprise industry our mission is to build successful long-term win-win business relationships with clients.
As a result of ongoing fibre optic telecommunication deployment projects with our clients, we are actively expanding our team to meet our client's short- and long-term requirements. We are seeking interested telecommunication-orientated employees who have both the skills and interest to be part of this exciting journey.
About the role
NBN & Telstra Optical Fibre Network projects have created multiple openings for Telecom Engineering roles who will be reporting to the Network Delivery Team Leader. You'll be responsible for delivering timely and cost-efficient and quality Fibre Optic Network Delivery services to Teleaus clients.
- Planning and Design of Fibre Optic Network expansions and upgrades.
- Expert hand on AutoCAD Electrical design experience in the telecom industry.
- Take the information provided by designers and compile drawing sets using AutoCAD.
- Excellent AutoCAD, Sketch Up, and Adobe skills
- Good understanding of building entries, riser, and ladder.
- Knowledge of underground ducts/conduits.
- Familiar with Fibre Optic cable and copper cable.
- Technical drawing and presentation skills.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy. Attention to detail
- Management of the vendors who are responsible for passive O&M of an optical fibre network.
- Clear understanding of Fibre Optic network deployment.
- Familiar with splicing/OTDR technologies.
- Visualization of real field network while producing desktop design.
- Good understanding of outside plant networks and in building structures.
- Experience in preparing BOM/BOQ for fibre optic equipment & accessories.
- Timely delivery of high-level multi-technology area plans and detailed designs.
- Work with NBN and Telstra designers, Constructors, and Planners across Telstra and NBN Fibre Network delivery teams
- Evaluation of NDD (Network Design Document), FIR (Field Inspection Report), and DDD (Detailed Design Document) against the use of maximising principles and fitness rules
- Perform RFQ process to bring operational efficiency.
- Developing network requirements, technical designs, and specifications for the project implementation.
- Review invoices and confirm/approve as per quoted scope.
- Ensuring QA, OH&S, and business systems development on customer projects.
- Positive attitude to take on challenges and a competitive mindset.
- Professional in communication with multilingual personnel.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 1-5 years of experience in planning and designing multi-technology transmission Network (MW, Fibre, and HFC)
- Excellent technical knowledge of Transmission Network Design & Delivery Standards
- Good understanding of aerial, underground, and intra-building designs principles
- Knowledge of GIS related platforms, systems, and tools such as ArcGIS, ESRI, Mapinfo, and AutoCAD
- Strong knowledge of MS Suite.
- Willing to learn new technology and tools.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- A high level of personal presentation and communication is absolutely crucial
What We Offer:
- Remuneration will be negotiated as per skill and experience.
- working days five days a week.
- An exceptional career with new and developing technologies.
- The opportunity to build a professional career in a multi-dimensional business environment
- A supportive, dynamic, and global team
- Diversity and equal opportunity
- Yearly Two Festive Bonus
So, before you apply, ask yourself: Are you a professional who holds yourself accountable for your actions? Do you collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve organizational success? Are your outcomes focused and results driven?