As the Field Services division continues our evolution of growth and innovation, the right people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and keeping up with the market demand. Due to the expansion of the Wireless Telecommunications business nationally, we are seeking an interested telecommunication-orientated engineer to support Field Services who have both the skills and interest to be part of this exciting journey.
About the role
SAED team is seeking SAED Engineers under Field Services due to the expansion of the Wireless Telecommunications business who have experience working on SAED within Australia Telco Carrier. Understanding the process of SAED (Small Cells Greenfield, RANCAP & Brownfield Upgrades) and design standards within the Optus/VHA network are mandatory. Reporting to the Project Manager, this position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and is based in Sydney.
Responsibilities & Requirements
· Strong understanding of the SAED process, FTA, and Full AAA requirements for Telstra.
· Ability to undertake site inspections and capture all relevant site data & identify site hazards.
· Perform Preliminary Desktop Studies based on supplied data/RFPD
· Conduct SDV & Complete RLM.
· Complete Feasibility Report.
· Detailed design/drafting checks of DSL, SSR, and FC and ensure compliance to Carrier/Power Utility Standards.
· Review Safety in Design register in consultation with APD’s HSEQ team
· Coordinate/schedule works within the structural, drafting & design team, ensuring a delivery milestone is achieved
· Project set up, an update of design tracker, and provide a weekly report to key stakeholders
· Attend weekly meetings with key stakeholders
· Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
·Proficient with AUTOCAD & Microsoft applications.
· Apply Zero Harm in all activities; empathy and understanding of community concerns for EME.
· The client-focused with the application of commercial acumen in all matters.
· Highly developed organizational and time management skills for multiple concurrent designs in progress; ability to re-arrange and interrupt work.
· Flexibility to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams, adapting to different requirements, clients and colleagues – and achieve strong working relationships
· Coordination with project support teams including SAED, EME, RF Engineering, SMR, Acceptance, and Transmission teams – to ensure IBC projects are delivered by SCS within budget and on schedule.
· Driving and managing all deployment requirements for projects including site visits, QHSE requirements, materials handling, scope management, sub-contractor management, internal workforce management, variation management, and Quality Assurance
· Acquiring and understanding IBC designs to identify the material (both FIM and non-FIM) and services required for a specific site.
· Coordinating and managing Deployment Teams, both internal and external, to ensure IBC sites are built within budget, on time, and to the relevant specifications/standards.
· Coordination of site access including permits, keys, access cards, and equipment for site design visits and inspections.
· Report delivery of projects to project and program manager as required.
· Maintaining and controlling cost, schedule, deliverables, and quality of project activities to run on a budget, and time, and meet agreed customer requirements as per the clients’ contract and conditions.
Required Skills & Experience
· Completed SAED design within Optus/VHA Networks (Green Field, Brownfield Upgrades, RANCAP).
· Great understanding of Optus/VHA SAED design process and relevant standards
· Experience with construction and integration of wireless sites will be well regarded but is not mandatory.
· Proficient with AUTOCAD.
· Understanding of Telecommunications equipment.
· Understanding of Safety in Design requirements.
· Understanding of carrier co-location process.
· The energetic approach towards work, including the ability to energize others.
· Proven ability to perform and meet deadlines and targets.
· Enthusiasm and drive to achieve role and career goals.
So, before you apply, ask yourself: Are you a professional who holds himself/herself accountable for your actions? Do you collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve organizational success? Are your outcomes-focused and result-driven?